Saturday, November 23, 2013

Book Review: The Catholic Prayer Book

 

Although I am a fairly devout Catholic, I am not a good pray-er. I have been struggling with this for a while and have tried reading tons of different books on the subject of prayer. As a convert, I do not have the background of growing up with praying parents who added memorized prayers to my arsenal to Heaven. Well, now I have finally found a resource to help me learn some traditional  Catholic prayers!

The Catholic Prayer book is a wonderful resource full of prayers for every life event and trouble that a person could go through. There are traditional prayers from the Bible, the Magesterium, and Fathers of the Church. There are also prayers of famous Saints included in this lovely little book. This is one of the most exhaustive resources I have ever seen in the area of Catholic prayer.

This review was written as part of the Catholic book reviewer program from The Catholic Company. Visit The Catholic Company to find more information on The Catholic Prayer Book. The Catholic Company is the best resource for all your seasonal needs such as First Communion gifts as well as ideas and gifts for the special papal Year of Faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment! I read each one and would love to know what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...